Municipal Risk Management
Assisting Municipalities identify municipal liability and risk management issues to help address rising costs.
Municipal liability and risk management issues cost municipalities millions of dollars every year. Local governments must be aware of new and emerging risk management issues to help them effectively reduce the frequency and severity of claims.
Municipal Risk Management Guides
With input from our expert Risk Management Working Group, LAS is sharing a series of guides on how municipal risk management works, including tips, current trends and challenges. Stay tuned for updates every quarter.
- Increase local governments' awareness of new and emerging risk management issues
- Identify opportunities to mitigate risks and reduce the frequency and severity of a claim
- Provide a better understanding of risk management issues, trends, and best practices
- Address key causes of rising insurance costs
- Access Intact Public Entities Centre of Excellence, which contains resources for municipalities from contracts (insurance requirements) to social services
- Expert education and information relevant to risk-related issues
- Biennial Risk Management Symposium providing risk mitigation strategies and understanding emerging issues
Contact Shannon Devane, Municipal Risk Management Program Manager
416.971.9856 ext. 335 | email@example.com
All documents and information is provided as part of LAS’ education/awareness partnership with Intact Public Entities. These documents provide an opinion on key municipal risk management issue but are not meant to provide any form of legal opinion or official interpretation. For definitive interpretations or opinions we encourage you to contact your legal counsel. Documents are all rights reserved.