Municipal Risk Management
Assisting Municipalities identify municipal liability and risk management issues to help address rising costs.
Municipal liability and risk management issues cost municipalities millions of dollars every year. Local governments must be aware of new and emerging risk management issues to help them effectively reduce the frequency and severity of claims.
AMO LAS has been supporting municipalities for over a decade on risk and insurance issues affecting municipalities. LAS is building tools and resources to help Local governments.
- Risk and Claim Management Software - AMO LAS has partnered with ClearRisk to assist municipalities track their cost of risk.
- Municipal Risk Management Group* - LAS has created a municipal risk experts group to help develop educational materials to build municipal staff capacity.
- Technical Working Group* - A group of advisors are investigating alternate risk financing tools outside of the traditional purchase of insurance.
*Both groups are comprised of municipal risk managers and those who manage risk as a part of their function from across the Province.
LAS' Partnership with Intact
- Increase local governments' awareness of new and emerging risk management issues
- Identify opportunities to mitigate risks and reduce the frequency and severity of a claim
- Provide a better understanding of risk management issues, trends, and best practices
- Address key causes of rising insurance costs
Shannon Devane, Municipal Risk Management Program Manager
416.971.9856 ext. 335 | email@example.com
All documents and information is provided as part of LAS’ education/awareness partnership with Intact Public Entities. These documents provide an opinion on key municipal risk management issue but are not meant to provide any form of legal opinion or official interpretation. For definitive interpretations or opinions we encourage you to contact your legal counsel. Documents are all rights reserved.