Energy Planning Tool
Guide to Annual Reporting with the Energy Planning Tool
Municipalities play an important role in energy conservation in their communities. Ontario Regulation 507/18 (under the Electricity Act, 1998) requires Broader Public Sector (BPS) organizations to regularly report on their facility energy use:
- Report their annual Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions in designated buildings/facilities by July 1; and
- Develop and implement 5-year energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans starting July 1, 2014.
LAS developed the Energy Planning Tool (EPT) to help you develop and update plans in compliance with this regulation.
New & Improved! Webinar archive introducing the completely rebuilt EPT.
- Email the Municipal Program Specialist
- Execute an agreement with LAS
- Provide information for those who you want to have access (unlimited users per municipality)
- Software Demo available, if required
- Invoices billed at the beginning of each year
- 507/18 Compliance made easy
- Track and report on energy consumption and efficiency measures
- Compare yourself against other similar buildings in the sector
- Build your energy awareness and culture of conservation
- Data can be automatically imported for those enrolled in LAS
In the past, access to a secure reporting portal was emailed by the Ministry to each municipality. For more information on conservation for public agencies, regulation compliance, or if you have not received your login information, contact Ministry staff at BPSSupport@ontario.ca.
Contact Tanner Watt, Municipal Program Specialist, for more information.