Closed Meeting Investigator
LAS' Closed Meeting Investigator provides professional independent services in examining closed meeting complaints.
- Extensive municipal experience to examine closed meeting complaints as an alternative to the Ombudsman
- Independent, credible, and impartial rulings
- Aird & Berlis LLP maintains a roster of experienced lawyers familiar with the Municipal Act, 2001 to provide investigation services when you need them, where you need them
- LAS’ Program Partner - Aird & Berlis LLP
- Follows Municipal Act, 2001, which provides that every municipality and local board in Ontario is mandated to enact a bylaw to govern the calling, location, and proceedings of their meetings under s. 238
Testimonial“Aird & Berlis LLP has provided a full spectrum of legal services to our municipal clients for many years. The provision of expert and effective closed meeting investigation services is an important mandate under Ontario's accountability and transparency framework. We are proud to have been selected by LAS to provide this service to its participating municipalities."
John Mascarin, Partner, Aird & Berlis LLP
Eleonore Schneider, LAS Program Manager
416.971.9856 ext. 320 | firstname.lastname@example.org