What is LAS?
Innovative Programs and Services for Ontario's Municipalities
Local Authority Services (LAS) is a preferred provider of competitively-priced and sustainable co-operative business services for Ontario municipalities and the broader public sector. LAS helps communities work better.
LAS was created in 1992 by the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO). LAS is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the laws of Canada and is mandated to work with Ontario municipalities, as well as organizations from the broader public sector, to help realize lower costs, higher revenues, and enhanced staff capacity, through co-operative procurement efforts and innovative training, programs, and services.
Revenues generated from LAS services and events cover all corporate operating costs and also help LAS to develop new services and offerings that help Ontario municipalities work better.
LAS' current offerings to Ontario Municipalities and the broader public sector include the following:
- Administrative Services (Group Benefits, Closed Meeting Investigations, Municipal Risk Management, and Group Home & Auto Insurance)
- Asset Services (Road and Sidewalk Assessment, Municipal Group Buying)
- Commodity Programs (Natural Gas, Electricity, and Fuel)
- Energy Services (Energy Planning, Facility Lighting Service and energy workshops)
- Investments (High Interest Savings Account (HISA), Money Market, Bond, Universe Corporate Bond, Equity)
- Digital Services (Digital and Electronic Signatures, Meeting Management and Livestreaming, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Online 311 CRM, Municipal Website Builder)