What is LAS?
Innovative Programs and Services for Ontario's Municipalities
LAS is a preferred provider of competitively-priced and sustainable co-operative business services for Ontario municipalities and the broader public sector. LAS helps communities work better.
LAS was created in 1992 by the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO). LAS is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the laws of Canada and is mandated to work with Ontario municipalities, as well as organizations from the broader public sector, to help realize lower costs, higher revenues, and enhanced staff capacity, through co-operative procurement efforts and innovative training, programs, and services.
Revenues generated from LAS services and events cover all corporate operating costs and also help LAS to develop new services and offerings that help Ontario municipalities work better.
LAS' current offerings to Ontario Municipalities and the broader public sector include the following:
- Administrative (Automated Speed Enforcement, Closed Meeting Investigator, Sewer and Water Line Warranty)
- Municipal Assets (Road and Sidewalk Assessment, Municipal Group Buying)
- Energy (Electricity, Energy Planning Tool, Facility Lighting, Natural Gas, Energy Training Workshops)
- Financial (Group Benefits, Group Home & Auto Insurance, Municipal Risk Management, Investments (High Interest Savings Account (HISA), Money Market, Bond, Universe Corporate Bond, Equity))
- Digital Services (Barrier-free Website Builder, Meeting Management and Livestreaming, Electronic Permitting, Electronic Signatures, Mental Health Therapy, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Risk & Claim Management)