AMO Conference – What about LAS?
By LAS Staff
Our last in-person AMO Conference was in 2019; three years later we’re returning to the Shaw Centre in Ottawa for another exciting Conference. AMO plans for this event all year: booking speakers, contacting exhibitors, organizing workshops and social events, and working out on-site logistics. What about LAS? We are AMO’s Business service, after all. What do we do to prepare for the conference?
Besides playing a key role on the Conference planning committee throughout the year, here are some of the things we do to get ready for the big week:
- Social Media - Prepare the social media calendar. Even though we post impromptu at the conference, we prepare what we can ahead of time, reminding delegates where we’ll be during the conference and where they can visit our program partners. Follow us and you’ll be able to track everything LAS!
- Promotions - In 2019, LAS got a new look just in time for the AMO Conference. We introduced the new booth with our new branding to a very pleased crowd. Even our website had a revamp. This year, we’re updating the website so you can easily find the services you need for your municipality.
- Swag - Order the swag: Check; Bring the swag: Will check. Every booth needs some sort of giveaway. We have a sustainable swag item, which we know you will appreciate. You’re going to have to visit our booth to learn what it is.
- Program Info - We know we have at least one program or service that benefits your municipality. In order to make you aware of them all, we will have one-page brochures for each of our categories. Although we prefer to email these, we understand that some may still like a physical copy. You’ll find our booth at the start of "Partner’s Row" where you can visit with us and all our program partners. While you’re there, make sure to fill out our survey for your chance to win a new Apple iPad! Your feedback will help us develop services that address municipal priorities.
- Presentations – We’re putting the final touches on slide decks and making sure we include everything you want to know. LAS will be presenting on three popular topics this year – Automated Speed Enforcement, Municipal Investing, and Municipal Risk Management & Insurance, and an interactive feedback session where you can have your say in our future programs – Tuesday breakfast included!
- Packing - What to pack for four days? Preferably wrinkle-resistant clothing and definitely comfortable shoes. Along with working clothes, we also include a wardrobe or two for the social events.
On August 14th, it’ll be showtime and we will be ready for you. If you plan on attending, be sure your checklist includes registering for the AMO Conference taking place in Ottawa, August 14 – 17. And remember to visit us in the tradeshow, our booth #203. We’re excited to see you again!